Mentoring For Allergy Parents & SufferersLearning to Live Confidently With Allergies
Are you new to the world of allergies?
Getting an allergy diagnosis, especially when you’re prescribed adrenaline pens can be incredibly scary.
Allergies change how you live. Your routine and your mind gets shaken in every direction. The doctors give you the diagnosis but they don’t tell you how to manage allergies in every day life.
And even though you’re being super parent (and you are!), it can feel lonely and stressful.
This is why I’ve set up Allergy Mentoring sessions
Go on an adventure
Go on an adventure
I’m here to support you.
My aim is to get you on your feet again. To coach you through this tough beginning and to teach you the tools you need to navigate the world of allergic living.
Having anaphylaxis to tree nuts and peanuts, I’ve spent my life carrying adrenaline pens, anti-histines and my inhalers for the ‘just incase.’ I’ve dealt with being bullied at school, I’ve navigated being an allergy teen, I’ve backpacked and traveled around the world, I’ve been to university and done all the ‘normal’ things. I believe allergies don’t need to stop you, we allergy sufferers just do things a little differently sometimes.
Mentoring sessions are about giving you the tools you need to be prepared and live life the way you want. Whether you’re a parent or allergy sufferer, you and your family should be able to enjoy time together both allergy safe and allergy stress free.
How it Works
Mentoring sessions are tailored to your needs. We will cover those subjects you feel most anxious about and give you actionable strategies to start taking back control of your life!
Some examples are:
- Cooking Allergy Safe
- Preparing for Trips or Holidays
- Telling Others About Allergies
- Dating & Kissing (for Teens & Adults)
- Dealing With Bullying
- Feelings of Isolation/Anxiety/Guilt
- Managing Stress
- how to shop
- where to find recipes
- how to put meal plans together
- we can even do some cooking together!
- preparing for a flight
- translation cards
- what to tell hotel staff
- how to plan an allergy safe trip
- teaching your allergy child how to be safe away from you
- advocating for yours or your child’s allergy
- how to feel confident
- what to do if someone doesn’t believe you
- teaching people about your medical kid
- how to get over the nerves
- how to deal with other people’s reactions or dis-belief
- getting over the embarrassment of telling your crush
- parent’s anxiety
- teaching your child to be allergy safe and responsible
- how to bring up allergies in a neutral environment
- learning to advocate for your allergy safety
- at school or work
- how to feel strong even if you don’t feel it
- learn how to stand up for yourself
- teach your child to stand up for themselves
- how to respond to bullies
- how to build a support network
- learning what the allergy risks are and how to manage them
- learn how to see a problem and then work out a solution
- learn how to accept your fears and tame them
- look at what makes you stressed and work to find a solution
- actionable strategies to implement in your day to day life
- how to help your allergy child have a normal life
- time management and planning advice to make life run smoother
Mentoring Sessions: I provide 1-on-1 sessions via a phone, FaceTime or Skype video call. So it doesn’t matter where in the world you are!
Prices: Each mentoring session is 1 hour long and costs £40 per hour (this is for one or both parents). Family sessions (3+ persons) are £50-75 per hour.
I also offer a free 15 minute consolation so we can see if we are right for each other.
Make an Appointment
To book a mentoring session or your free 15 minute consultation email me today using the contact form or email me directly: admin [at] eatallergysafe [dot] com.
I look forward to hearing from you!