Back before Christmas the lovely ladies, Janet and Hannah from Fodify Foods sent me a selection of their products to sample. This time round I whipped up a quick and easy dinner using their Moroccan Spice Mix, and I have to say it went down a treat!
Now personally, I and everyone in my house don’t need to eat a low FODMAP diet, but I was up for the challenge. Especially with janet and Hannah’s spice mixes to ease the transition!
When putting together this dinner I wanted to create something that could be done with very little. A type of the ‘cupboard is bare’ meal but you wouldn’t know it. I also wanted to make sure that I kept my cooking time down. As an avid home cook and foodie, I can happily spend a couple hours on one dish, however for the working person, and if you’re knew to the world of free from, this is not really what you want.
This recipe will take you 30 minutes to cook from start to finish, it is really easy and incredibly yummy. My chief taste testers have no allergies or intolerances and they couldn’t tell there was no onion, garlic, gluten and dairy. In fact, they asked for more!
So without further ado, here is my quick Moroccan Spiced Chicken Recipe!
Moroccan Style Chicken – Fodify Foods Spice Mix
- a dash of olive oil
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 750g diced chicken breast
- 2 tsp Fodify Foods Moroccan Spice Mix
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp tomato puree (or 2 diced tomatoes)
- a dash of water to make a sauce
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Heat a dash of olive in a medium sided frying pan. Add the cumin seeds and bay leaf and fry until you hear the cumin seeds start to sizzle.
- Add your diced chicken breast to the pan and stir. Fry until the meat has turned white on all sides.
- Now add the Fodify Foods Moroccan spice mix, dried thyme, tomato puree and mix. Add a dash of water as needed to create a sauce.
- Then turn the heat down to simmer, cover with a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve with some roasted vegetables or a bed of boiled rice.*
*If serving with roasted vegetables, preheat your oven to 180C, cut your vegetables into bite sized chunks, drizzle with some olive oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 30 minutes.
*If serving with rice, put the rice on 15 minutes before the chicken is ready. Cook the rice per pack instructions.
New Recipes On The Blog…
Broccoli and Sweet Potato No Dough Pizza Base Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Legume Free, Paleo, Keto)
I have long been fascinated by pizza, from trying to make it to watching the Pizza Show by Vice. Growing up my Mum would buy pizza bases and let my brother and I choose our toppings. One of the dinner time rules was we had to eat with a knife and fork, this included...
GIVEAWAY!: How to Enter Win a copy of my debut recipe book “Chocolate treats: decadent delights free from the top 14 allergens”! To enter, all you need to do is leave a note in the comment section at the bottom of this post with your answer to this...
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Brownies With Those You Love Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s the day to celebrate love. What a wonderful idea, well I think so now. I was a bit of a cynic when I was younger I must say, but now I’m all for it. This is because I think Valentine’s Day...