FACEBOOK: @Kyle Dine Music
Today I welcome Kyle Dine, allergy musician, advocate and multiple severe allergy sufferer. As he is the first allergy man to come on the show, I ask him to share his experiences of growing up with allergies. He shares the moment that changed him and how he is now living life to the full the allergy safe way.
What You’ll Learn:
- Kyle Dine is an allergy musician and allergy advocate
- He has multiple severe allergies to: peanut, tree nut, fish, shellfish, egg, mustard
- He tells me the story of managing his allergies
- He tells me he wasn’t good at managing his allergies as a kid
- He tells me about his severe anaphylactic reaction at 21
- He tells me about his wake up call, when he knew he needed to start taking his allergies more seriously
- This started his journey to start empowering himself and others who have allergies
- Kyle tells me how he started writing allergy songs
- We chat about the transitions in the life of an allergy kid and how these can affect them
- We talk about how to prepare for these transitions how parents can make a difference in their children’s lives
- We chat about the importance of allergy kids taking ownership of their allergies
- We talk about the male perspective on having allergies
- Kyle tells me how social pressure affected him as a young man and advocating for his allergies
- We talk about travelling with allergies and Kyle’s experiences both as a young man and what he learned
- Kyle tells me about the time he travelled to China!
- We talk about taking ownership of our decisions in looking after our allergies, the good and the bad
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.