Today I chat with Lucinda Bruce-Gardyne the founder of Genius Gluten Free. She tells me how her adventures into gluten free bread started because a need. Lucinda shares her experiences catering for food restrictions and her advice for budding food entrepreneurs.
What You’ll Learn:
- Lucinda is the founder of Genius Gluten Free
- She tells me that one of her son’s is gluten intolerant and another son is dairy intolerant
- Lucinda tells me how important it is for her family to sit down together and share a meal
- She tells me how her cooking changed after her sons diagnosis’
- We chat about her families favourite dishes and experimenting in the kitchen
- Lucinda tells me about getting her son’s involved in the kitchen
- Although being a trained chef, she was usually working with gluten containing flours
- She decided to start experimenting with baking bread so she could feed her son
- We chat about her initial experiments and what it took to get the perfect loaf of bread
- Lucinda tells me about how she went from experimenting in her home kitchen to large scale production
- We talk about the different products Genius has on offer and how it has expanded
- Lucinda also offers advice for anyone who is looking to make food products in the the free from market
Want to know more about cooking and baking allergy safe? Why not check out my interview with Vicki, founder of freefromfairy.com. Click hear to listen.
Why not try out some of my FREE courses on Skillshare. Just click on the links below 🙂
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.