No Nuts Moms Group
No Nuts Moms Group
Lisa Rutter is the founder of No Nuts Mom’s Group. It is the largest and most international support group in the allergy community with groups all over the world. Lisa tells me the story of how it started and what a difference it has made in her family’s allergy journey.
What You’ll Learn:
- Lisa tells me the story of her son’s diagnosis
- She tells me how her journey started with being very ignorant and with a lot of mis-information
- Lisa tells me that once the diagnosis of anaphylaxis to nuts came here attitude completely changed
- In the beginning she felt quite isolated and really wanted to meet other mums like her
- Lisa tells me how her family’s life changed after her son’s diagnosis
- We chat about how she has be teaching her son about his allergies and the precautions they take to keep him safe
- We also chat about teaching her other children about allergies
- Lisa tells me how she started up No Nuts Mom’s Group
- She tells me how she wanted it to be free for everyone
- We also chat about the fun activities that each group set up such as non food easter egg hunts, halloween carnivals, mum’s night outs, and family outings
- Lisa talks to me about how the No Nuts Mom’s Group has made a difference in her life
- She tells me how it’s been a support system for her and her family
- Lisa also why she thinks food allergies are great
- Lastly, Lisa tells me how you could start your very own group!
3 Top Tips for New Allergy Mums and Dads:
- Read and learn as much as you can
- Don’t let food allergies define you
- Find as much support as you can
Listen to my parents talk about raising me, their allergy kid! 😀
- Episode 12: Shocked Out of My Socks! Part 1: How My Mum Learned About Anaphylaxis Before the Internet
- Episode 13: “Shocked Out Of My Socks!” Part 2: My Mum’s Experiences On How To Get Other People To Take Anaphylaxis Seriously
- Episode 14: When Do You Know You’ve Raised Your Allergy Kid Right?
- Episode 15: “She Lied to Us” and Almost Killed Our Daughter
Below is just one of the Kyle Dine allergy education vides:
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.