We’ve all heard of THAT allergy parent, but when do you become one? Veronica tells me her story of how she became THAT parent. She shares with me her story as an allergy mum caring for her daughters, what she’s learned and how PINK & GRAY came about.
What You’ll Learn:
- Veronica has been an allergy mum for 5 and half years now
- She has 3 daughters; one with allergies, one with epilepsy, and one with no medical needs
- She tells me the story of her daughter’s diagnosis to milk, sesame, egg and peanuts
- Veronica had no experience of allergies before her daughter
- Allergies were unheard of where she grew up in Mexico
- Unlike other parents, Veronica didn’t experience a shocking reaction to discover the reaction and this influenced how she treated the allergy in her daughter’s early life
- Veronica talks to me about how her daughter, even though only 5 years old she takes her allergy seriously and has learned to be responsible
- Veronica tells me the story of when the severity of her daughter’s allergies hit home
- We chat about teaching all your children about allergens and cross-contamination
- We also talk about how Veronica and her husband have helped their non-allergic daughter to feel included and not left out
- Veronica tells me the story of how PINK & GRAY started and why she wanted to create cute medical bags for her daughter’s to carry
- She tells me what PINK & GRAY means
Veronica’s 3 top tips for allergy mums and dads:
- Be open
- Be careful and prepared
- Carry your medication
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.