Today I talk with Tara Taylor, founder of the Good Grain Bakery. She tells me about her free from journey with intolerances, hay fever and IBS and how she’s curing her pain and living her life. She also tells me about how she started her organic, gluten free and vegan bread company.
What You’ll Learn:
- Tara tells me the story of her free from journey including IBS, intolerances both to top 14 allergens and non-top 14 allergens
- She stopped eating wheat and gluten when she was 16 after realising it didn’t agree with her
- I find out that Tara has to eliminate gluten, wheat, dairy, aubergine and although not a vegan pretty much follows a vegan diet to help heal her gut
- She tells me about her dietary experiments on herself to figure out what’s wrong with her
- She tells me about finally sorting out her diet fixed her eczema, hay fever and hives
- She tells me how she started experimenting with her bread maker and gluten free bread making
- Tara talks me through the story of Good Grain Baking
- Her daughter’s coeliac friend was the catalyst to small scale manufacturing supplying the school and a local bakery
- Tara tells me about the importance of being a free from facility and keeping her bread safe for her coeliac, dairy and egg free, and vegan customers
- We talk about our love for kitchen gadgets
- We chat about how you have to be prepared living a free from lifestyle
- We also chat about how the food scene in London has developed so there are options for those living free from
- Tara is still figuring out exactly what is triggering her symptoms, but like all of us is keeping positive and is continuing to experiment!
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.