What You’ll Learn:
- Mel tells me the story of how she discovered her daughter’s allergies.
- She talks me through how she went from thinking allergies were a people being fussy to being a full on allergy mum.
- Mel’s daughter’s allergy journey appeared from 3 months old with severe eczema.
- We chat about her daughters journey to diagnosis, for many months Mel was told that her daughter’s eczema was not foot related until a shocking reaction.
- Mel’s daughter was diagnosed with multiple allergies such as wheat, dairy, kiwi, egg, nuts and related pulses such as peas.
- We talk about the importance of having a supportive allergist and GP.
- We talk about the importance of food challenges to find out whether a child has grown out of an allergy.
- We talk about how Mel has taught her daughter to be careful of allergens and to not accept food she’s not sure of.
- Mel tells me about how you can still be proactive but also accepting of allergies.
- We talk about how Mel has ensured her child doesn’t feel different at pre school.
- Mel tells me about how the pre-school takes precautions to ensure her daughter’s safety.
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.