I’m carrying on with the theme of adults and today we’ll be discussing intolerances. My guest today is one of our podcast listeners who has kindly come to chat and tell me her story. Cindy Murray talks me through her journey with severe intolerances which would sometimes leave her unable to function during the day. She tells me about getting a diagnosis, her confusion when it wasn’t considered Coeliac Disease and how she moves forward with her life.
What You’ll Learn:
- Cindy talks me through her journey to a diagnosis and her extreme reactions
- She tells me about the battle she’s had with doctors to determine why she was having incredibly uncomfortable reactions to gluten containing foods
- Cindy’s life changed when she found a GP who would listen to her
- We talk about how Cindy’s life changed to avoid gluten and any cross contamination
- We talk about the coeliac test and how it has impacted Cindy’s life
- Cindy talks me through her experiences as an adult compared to when she was a child: do symptoms get worse with age?
- We talk about cooking from scratch and how you can make it an easy part of your life
Cindy’s 3 Top Tips for Dealing With Intolerances:
- Find a GP that listens (or make them listen by showing them your food and symptom diary)
- Find help from charities, bloggers, Facebook groups
- Know your body
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.
FREE Enrolment Links:
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Chocolate Recipe Book: want the first chapter free??
For those of you who have been following my blog and podcast for a little while you’ll know I’m writing a Gluten Free, Nut Free, Dairy & Egg Free Chocolate Recipe Book. It is the ultimate guide to working with dairy free chocolate with an amazing array of cakes, cupcakes, cookies, biscuits, sweet morsels and other delights.
I am hoping to have this e-book published at the end April. But don’t worry, if you can’t wait until then you can get your hands on the first chapter including 2 recipes. (There are also 2 bonus recipes you get sent later….)
To get your free copy and get the latest info on my recipe book launch, sign up with your email address below.