What You’ll Learn:
- Gwen is the founder and editor of Allergic Living Magazine, Canada and USA.
- Gwen suddenly and shockingly developed allergies as an adult.
- She talks me through her allergy discovery through a severe reaction to shrimp.
- She tells me about how she continued to discover more severe allergies to peanuts, soya, …through allergic reactions and allergy testing.
- We chat about when we were diagnosed back in the early 1990s, there wasn’t that much information out there.
- We discuss the differences between allergies in children and adults.
- Gwen shares how her life changed with allergies.
- We chat about the changes she had to make when food shopping, going out to restaurants, having dinner with friends and family.
- She talks about her strategies for making sure a meal at a restaurant isn’t all about allergies.
- Gwen talks me through why she started Allergic Living Magazine and it’s aim.
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Allergic Living Article on Adult Allergies: When Food Allergy Strikes an Adult by Patrick Bennett
My Skillshare Courses
As mentioned at the end of the episode, along with writing some recipe books (“Gluten Free and Vegan Chocolate Treats” & “30 Days, 30 Dinners”) I have started teaching allergy safe baking and cooking! To find out what you like to learn about, I’ve started putting them up on Skillshare.
I’d love for you to take a look, so I have created some FREE enrolment links. Simply click on the titles below and it will take you straight to the class. You will NOT need to pay anything or sign up with a card. You will be able to watch the tutorial straight away 🙂
P.S. I’d love to know what you thought. Leave me a review on Skillshare or a note in the comment section below of this post.