My Parents! Robin and Suzie
This week I will be talking to both my parents. We chat about how they had to educate family and friends, whether allergies are a disability or not and how you can raise a confident allergy kid.
What You’ll Learn:
- How do you talk to people who have to look after you child but who may not believe you: be blunt, explain that allergies and anaphylaxis is a medical condition
- Take action where you can be present, if you can’t then you have a choice.
- I people still don’t listen then it’s time to make a decision as to who your friends are
- No environment is safe, not about policing it’s about education. About educating other people and educating me (the allergy kid)
- How do you know how much to scare someone so that they listen? Is it about scaring them?
- It’s about being matter of fact about allergies and asking people to be reasonable and about being reasonable when you ask.
- About making people understand the importance of following allergy precautions.
- We discuss the question: are allergies a disability?
- How do you an enable an allergy child to be confident?
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.