My Mum, Suzie
What You’ll Learn:
Mum and I chat about starting primary school with a severe nut allergy, how we made it a normal part of our lives and how we educated ourselves and other people.
- We talk about the safe guards my parent went through to keep me safe outside of home
- Mum tells me how she approached my primary and secondary schools about my allergy
- We chat about the importance of normality in raising an allergy child
- We talk about going out to eat at restaurants
- The importance of teaching me how to speak up for myself
- We chat about how we got my family to take my allergy seriously and the strategies she used to make it so
- Mum talks about her advice for new parents and what they mean
- What if you don’t feel confident as a parent to deal with this? Mum says get in touch with an allergy organisation, find other parents in the same situation
Advice for new parents:
- Take time to think and plan
- Follow your instincts
- Fight for your child’s life as and how you think you need to
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
To get more EAS content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher!
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.