In this episode I talk with Donna Patterson about how she has raised confident 3 year old who makes sure no one gives him food he can’t eat.
WEBSITE: Nut Allergy Mum
What You’ll Learn:
- Donna shares her journey with her son’s allergies to nuts, peanuts, legumes and beans
- We chat about how she taught her son to ask everyone about ingredients
- Donna talks about how friends are important and how they have helped
- The importance of Facebook groups and support for her
- We chat about the link between eczema and allergies for Donna’s son
- Donna tells me how she has taught her son about his allergies and that they were never hidden from him
- They don’t have a completely allergen free home
- Learning about allergies means learning about food, cross contamination and other people
- We talk about the importance of mitigating risk and having an Allergy Action Plan
- Donna advises, in the case of a reaction, go straight to hospital
- Donna’s advice to new allergy parents: allergies are manageable, it’s not the end of the world, it won’t always feel like a nightmare, prevention is the way forward
@nutallergymum: We've never hidden his allergy from him. I think that's why he's so in control of it. Click To Tweet
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
To get more EAS content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher!
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.