What You’ll Learn:
- Lyndsey is Mum to a 3 year old boy with a cow’s milk protein allergy
- Lyndsey tells me how she fought tooth and nail to get her son diagnosed
- She tells me how she dealt with finding out about new broad range of intolerances after weaning
- Hear how she overcame feeling alone as a new allergy parent
- We chat about how letting out your stress is incredibly important and how support groups were a life line for her
- We talk about home education and why she’s chosen this path for her son
- Lyndsey tells me how teaching her son about his allergies is about building good habits and reminding them about the do’s and don’t’s
- Lyndsey tells me how allergies are an opportunity to learn so much, such as reading and building good habits and responsibility
- Lyndsey tells me how and why she started her blog, the allergy blog awards UK & USA and her podcast
- Allergy Blog Awards UK ceremony is taking place in early 2017
Lyndsey’s advice to new allergy parents:
- Keep a food symptom diary with photos & videos as evidence
- Do your research
- Keep trying to figure out your child’s allergy
- Then go get what your child needs
- Remember you’re not alone!
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
To get more EAS content sent directly to your device as they become available, you can subscribe on iTunes, Google Play or Stitcher!
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Twitter Hour: #ABAHour: Wednesday* @ 9pm
(*change of time since interview was recorded, for latest information check Allergy Blog Awards twitter account)