WEBSITE: The Intolerant Gourmand
What You’ll Learn:
- Nathalie’s son has 28 allergies, many of which induce anaphylaxis
- Callum’s reactions make his eczema flare up
- Callum started school in September and on Day 3 he has a reaction
- Training Callum and training the school was paramount.
- Positives from the reaction: the school followed their training and Callum was fine.
- With severe allergies, people don’t believe it until they see it.
- When training the school: spoke plainly to the headmaster, meetings with teachers and school staff, invited to go into the kitchens.
- Training Callum was incredibly important: Honesty, giving him reasons why he couldn’t have certain foods, teaching him about his allergies and the allergens in all their various forms.
- Nathalie talks about how she dealt with Callum’s serious food aversion through teaching him to cook
- It’s important to empower Callum and his peers
- Rather than banning allergens it’s about explain why certain precautions need to be taken.
Newly Diagnosed Child with Allergies? Parents, this is Nathalie’s Words of Wisdom for you:
- Don’t Panic
- Trust Your Gut Instincts
- Keep Fighting – Believe in Yourself
THANK YOU FOR LISTENING
One of our little goals we would love to achieve for is to get into the iTunes “New & Noteworthy” Section, it means we get free front page advertising on iTunes, how great for allergy awareness! But we can’t do it without you. Please subscribe, rate and review on iTunes so that the people at Apple will take notice of our podcast
And lastly, if you have any questions, thoughts, or guests you want to see on the show, please contact me via the contact page.
Where you can ask questions and get support on twitter:
#ABAHour – Monday 9pm (GMT)
#allergyhour – Thursday 8.30-9.30pm (GMT)