Are you lacking in dinner inspiration? Are you struggling to come up with something interesting to feed yourself and your family? Well we have you covered. Something quick and easy you can through together with leftovers of freshly cooked meat and veggies. It’s also a dish you can get really hands on with – great for the kids! With these gluten free savoury pancakes you can cover them in toppings, roll them, dip them, tear them but you might not want to share them…
One of our favourite parts of the meal is our tomato free avocado salsa! It’s takes about 10 minutes to make and you need to do is mash all the ingredients up in a bowl and then you’re done. Very quick, very easy and very little washing up! 😀
What’s more this meal is completely gluten free, wheat free, nut free, peanut free, egg free and could be made completely dairy free and or vegan just depending on what toppings you choose. What a winner, not to mention delicious and so much to eat!
So without further ado, we bring you…
Savoury Pancakes With Chicken, and Avocado Salsa
Makes 6 pancakes
Serves 2-3 people
- 400g cooked chicken breast, sliced/shredded
- 55g ground rice
- 35g tapioca flour
- 40g coconut flour
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml water
- 1 small garlic clove, finely diced
- 1 handful finely diced red onion
- 1 large avocado
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Make pancake batter: In a bowl mix the dry ingredients for the pancakes, make a well in the centre and add the oil then the water and mix until it looks like a runny grainy batter.
- Heat a frying pan on a high heat until hot. Test the pan by putting a little bit of batter in. If it sizzles straight away the pan is ready, if not heat a bit longer and then test again. When hot add 1-2 tablespoons of pancake batter, using the back of the spoon, spread until it forms a flat round shape. Fry until it has browned on the first side, about 3-4 minutes. Then flip it over and cook on the other side until it has browned also, about 3 minutes. Continue to do this until all the batter has been used up.
- While your pancakes are cooking you can prepare the avocado salsa. If you would like, fry the onions and the garlic until golden before adding to the avocado salsa for a richer flavour. Check on your pancakes.
- In a bowl, put all the fleshy goodness of the avocado and discard the skin and stone. Mash the avocado up a bit. Now add the rest of the ingredients and mixed until even. Check on your pancakes.
- Slice your cooked chicken breast.
- Check on your pancakes.
- Once you have used up al the pancake mix, you are ready to serve!
Add coleslaw, a green leaf salad and some grated cheese to the table and you are set for an absolute feast!
What did you think of this recipe? Did you adapt it for your allergies? Let us know by leaving a not in the comment section. We’d love to hear from you!
You might also like:
Broccoli and Sweet Potato No Dough Pizza Base Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Legume Free, Paleo, Keto)
I have long been fascinated by pizza, from trying to make it to watching the Pizza Show by Vice. Growing up my Mum would buy pizza bases and let my brother and I choose our toppings. One of the dinner time rules was we had to eat with a knife and fork, this included...
GIVEAWAY!: How to Enter Win a copy of my debut recipe book “Chocolate treats: decadent delights free from the top 14 allergens”! To enter, all you need to do is leave a note in the comment section at the bottom of this post with your answer to this...
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Brownies With Those You Love Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s the day to celebrate love. What a wonderful idea, well I think so now. I was a bit of a cynic when I was younger I must say, but now I’m all for it. This is because I think Valentine’s Day...