Ever find yourself needing to throw together a quick dinner or make lunch a little more interesting? Our Nut Free Pesto is a great way to to make that happen. Add to a salad, mix in with pasta or chicken, even use in your sandwiches, nut free pesto has you covered.
This great little condiment can be made in advance and then put in the fridge for when you need it. What’s more it is so simple to make and tastes absolutely delicious!
Nut Free Pesto Recipe – Gluten Free, Egg Free, Paleo
- 65g fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 3g fresh garlic, roughly chopped
- 50g parmesan or grana pedano cheese, grated
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice, optional
- Place the fresh basil, garlic, cheese and half the olive oil in a food processor and blend. Blend until you have the texture you prefer. If you like a rougher texture, use the pulse setting to achieve it. If you prefer a smoother consistency, blend for longer.
- Once have your pesto at your desired consistency, take out and put in a jar or bowl. Poor over the remaining olive oil and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice to your taste.
You May Also Like:
Broccoli and Sweet Potato No Dough Pizza Base Recipe (Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Nut Free, Legume Free, Paleo, Keto)
I have long been fascinated by pizza, from trying to make it to watching the Pizza Show by Vice. Growing up my Mum would buy pizza bases and let my brother and I choose our toppings. One of the dinner time rules was we had to eat with a knife and fork, this included...read more
GIVEAWAY!: How to Enter Win a copy of my debut recipe book “Chocolate treats: decadent delights free from the top 14 allergens”! To enter, all you need to do is leave a note in the comment section at the bottom of this post with your answer to this...read more
Vegan Chocolate Cherry Brownies With Those You Love Happy Valentine’s Day! It’s the day to celebrate love. What a wonderful idea, well I think so now. I was a bit of a cynic when I was younger I must say, but now I’m all for it. This is because I think Valentine’s Day...read more