When you have allergies, the hardest things to find are snacks you can have on the go. So we devised this delicious banana and date flapjack recipe for you to enjoy. Originally these were sold on Amazon UK and in shops in Manchester. Unfortunately production costs were too high for us to continuing supplying them to shops, but we didn’t want you to be without! SO we decided, what the heck! We’re going to release the recipe!
The name Wonderjack was actually devised by my Mum. She said they should be called Wonderjacks because they are flapjacks but they are free from:
- refined sugar
- suitable for vegans and vegetarians
Free from pretty much everything, but flavour! Therefore she said, they are suitable for everyone making them wonderful and full of wonder. And so Wonderjacks were born.
We hope you enjoy the recipe! They are really easy and so quick to make, quick to eat too…Better watch out! 😉
Wonderjacks – The sugar free gluten free dairy free and nut free banana and date flapjack bars!
Makes 8 bars
- 2 ripe bananas (approx 150g), mashed
- 80ml light olive oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 180g gluten free oats
- 150g stoned dates, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 160C fan. Grease and line a brownie tray.
- In a bowl or jug mix all the wet ingredients. In another bowl mix the oats and dates together.
- Add the wet to the dry and mix until all the oats have been coated with oil and banana mix.
- Now spoon the wonder jack mix into the baking tray and flatten with the back of a spoon or your hands.
- Put in in the centre of the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Cut slices while the wonderjacks are still hot and then leave them in the tin unit warm to touch.
- They are now ready to serve.
Wonderjacks can also be stored for up to 10 days in a cool dry place! Perfect for snacks, school lunch boxes and after sports!