Need some inspiration for dinner? Why not try our Lamb Burgers recipe with a side of spring greens! Perfect to serve for dinner and have leftovers for lunch.
What’s even better is that this recipe is free from:
- legumes and pulses!
It’s suitable for coeliacs and those following a paleo diet.
Lamb Burgers with Spring Greens Recipe – Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Nut Free, Peanut Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Paleo, Starch Free
- 1kg lamb mince
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 1 tbsp dried mint
- 1/2 tbsp of dried basil
- 1/2 to 1 tsp wholegrain mustard (optional)
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper
- 1/2 -1 tsp sea salt
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2-3 handfuls (approx. 150g) of sliced greens
- 1/2 tsp sugar/honey/agave syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
A couple glugs of olive oil or a knob of butter for frying
- In a large mixing bowl place all the ingredients for the burgers and using your hands, mix together until evenly incorporated.
- Heat 2 frying pans on your hob on a medium heat and put a glug of olive oil or a knob of butter in each.
- To make the Greens: In one frying pan, add the onion and the garlic and fry until golden, approximately 5 minutes. Once golden, add the greens and stir. Cook the greens on a low heat while you cook the burgers, stir every 5 minutes or so, so that the greens cook evenly.
- While the greens are cooking it’s time to get the burgers in the second pan. Take a handful of burger mix and flatten it into burger shape then put into the second frying pan. Fill the frying pan up with burgers and fry on the first side for 5-10 minutes until it has browned. Once the first side has cooked, turn the burgers over and cook on the second side for 5-7 minutes or until cooked. Repeat until all the burger mix has been used up and you have a pile of delicious burgers!
- Once the greens have become a dark green colour and reduced, season with salt, pepper and sugar.
Serve up a plate of lamb burgers and spring greens and enjoy!
Want something to go with your burgers? Why not try our Sweet Potato Chips as a side.
Tell us what you think! Did you enjoy this recipe, leave us a note in the comment section 😀