Spring is on it’s way and it’s time to lighten the taste palette. Citrus and Glace Cherry Cupcakes are gluten free, nut free, dairy free, and so easy to make!
Perfect to enjoy with friends and family, take these cupcakes along to BBQs, afternoon tea, make them for a birthday party!
They are so easy to make and taste delicious. You can serve fresh out the oven or cool and decorate with your favourite butter cream icing.
Citrus and Glace Cherry Cupcakes Recipe
Makes: 12 cupcakes/ 6’’ round cake
- 2 medium free range eggs
- 40g demerara sugar
- 100ml light olive oil
- 150g rice flour, plus extra for dusting cherries
- 75g coconut flour
- 50g glace cherries (about 16)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 50g apple sauce
- 15g fresh citrus zest (1 large lemon, 1 orange, 1 grapefruit)
- 1 1/2 tbsp vinegar (white wine/cider)
- Grease and line 6’” round cake tin or line muffin tray with cupcake cups. Preheat oven to 150C.
- Wash the glace cherries with cold water. Pat dry with kitchen roll. Add the dry cherries to some rice flour in a bowl and mix until they are covered in flour. Set them aside.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the flours, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and mix.
- Mix in the apple sauce and vinegar.
- Add the flour dusted cherries and zest to the batter and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon into the cupcake cups or cake tin. If making cupcakes, divide equally between the 12 cases, approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons each.
- Bake: cupcakes for 20-25 mins, cake for 40-45mins.
- Once baked, cool on a wire rack.
- Serve as is or top with your favourite buttercream icing or drizzle with your favourite cream.
<a href=”https://www.glutarama.com/g2bgf/” title=”Glutarama”><img src=”https://www.glutarama.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/G2BGF-Badge.jpg” alt=”#G2BGF” style=”border: none; height: auto; width: 300px;” /></a></div>