Another spring time recipe to welcome the sunshine and the flowers! Carrot cake is a light and moist cake bursting with fruity, vegetable sweetness and a hint of spice.
This Carrot Cake Recipe is so good everyone will think you’ve become a gourmet baker!
This super easy to make cake will take no time at all and tastes great with or without icing!
Serve with coffee, tea, after Sunday lunch or to treat Mum.
Carrot Cake Recipe
Makes: 7’’ Square tin or 4-6 muffins
- 75g brown sugar
- 2 med free range eggs
- 100ml light olive oil
- 75g coconut flour
- 150g rice flour
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 21/2 baking powder
- 1 eating apple, peeled and grated
- 2 large carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 tbsp apple cider
- Grease and line baking tin. Preheat oven to 180C.
- With an electric whisk beat the eggs and sugar. gradually add the oil while whisking.
- Stir in the flours, spices and baking powder.
- Add the grated apple and carrot and cider and mix until fully incorporated.
- Spoon into your baking tin and pop in the middle of your oven for 40 minutes.
- Once cooked, take out and put on a cooling rack. When warm to touch, carefully take out of the tin and leave to cool on rack with the grease proof paper on.
- Once cool, ice with your favourite dairy free icing and enjoy!
We hope you enjoyed our Carrot Cake Recipe, please leave us a comment! 🙂