Does your life get really busy and then you have no time to cook dinner? Well this Roast Chicken Legs with Onion and Marrow Recipe is going to take a load off your mind.
Perfect for days you have too little time and too much to do, there is no need to worry about preparation because the most complicated thing in this recipe is mixing! The meat and cut veggies are chucked into a baking tray seasoned and then popped into the oven. 1 pot, no thinking, just eating 😀
So without further ado, have a go at this super easy and so yummy 10 minute preparation recipe.
Roast Chicken Legs with Onion and Marrow Recipe
1 Pot Meal
Very little washing up!
- 2 chicken legs (or 2 chicken drumsticks and 2 chicken thighs)
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and roughly chopped
- 1 medium marrow, cut into chunks
- good slug of extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to season
- 50 ml water
- preheat your oven to 180C (fan).
- In a baking tray put the chicken legs, onion, garlic and marrow and pour a good slug of olive oil over them. Using a spatula or your hands, mix the ingredients until they’re evenly covered in oil. When evenly covered, take the chicken and place on top of the vegetables.
- Now, take your salt and sprinkle over the skin of the chicken. This will help the chicken skin to go nice and crispy while its cooking.
- Now, season with freshly ground black pepper to your taste.
- Pour 50ml water into the bottom of the tray. Make sure it doesn’t go on the salted chicken skins.
- Put your tray of chicken and marrow into the over and cook for 30-45mins until the chicken is cooked. To check the chicken is cooked, skewer the chicken leg on a fleshy part with a knife, if the juices run clear the chicken is cooked. If the juices are a bit pink or red, put back in the oven for another 10-15 minutes.
- One cooked, serve up and enjoy!