Ever needed a breakfast or brunch to warm you up? This red onion and cheese omelette recipe will do exactly that.
Without a doubt cheese and onion omelettes are comfort food. So hot and goey with the sweetness of red onion its even better.
Whether you’re a seasoned chef or complete beginner, it doesn’t matter. Omelettes are for everybody.
Not only that, they are so easy and quick to make that you have a healthy, nutritious and protein packed meal in minutes.
Red Onion and Cheese Omelette Recipe – Gluten free, wheat free, nut free, paleo
Servings: 1 very hungry person, or 2 moderately hungry person
Skill: Easy Peasy
Prep: 10 mins
- olive oil/butter to fry
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 25g gouda, cut into chunks
- 25g blue Bavaria brie, cut into chunks
- 4 free range medium eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your oil/butter in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry on a medium heat until soft.
- Add 2/3 of your diced cheese to the pan and let melt, approx 3-4 minutes.
- In a bowl beat the eggs, dill, salt and pepper until well beaten and frothy.
- Stir the melted cheese, onions and garlic in the pan until evenly mixed.
- Pour the beaten egg mix into the pan and allow to cook for 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until the bottom has cooked.
- Now stir the egg mix to mix the cooked and uncooked egg, it will look a little like scrambled eggs.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top of the omelette.
- Leave to cook for 3-5minutes or until the bottom has cooked and the edges have come away from the side of the pan.
- Using a large spatula, flip the omelette over to cook the other side. Cook over a medium heat for a 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat off and leave in the pan for a further minute while you get your plate(s), knife(ves), and fork(s) out.
- Cut, serve and enjoy your fluffy cheese and onion omelette!
Want to see how to make this omelette? Check out our recipe video below:
Did you try the recipe? What did you think? Leave a comment or email us and tell us.
You can subscribe to our email list and get recipes straight to your inbox. Just fill in your email address in the box on the right. Sign up now and never miss a meal idea!