Let’s talk about marrow. Such an under-rated vegetable but so full of flavour! Marrow is also such a versatile vegetable. You can steam it, roast it, fry it and more!
Today is all about a side dish you can make to add to your lunch or dinner.
Serve with grilled meat or fish, and other veggies such as our Sweet Potato Chips for a healthy quick, easy and delicious meal!
Also one of your 5 a day and allergy safe! Winner!
Pan Fried Marrow – Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Dairy Free, Egg Free, Nut Free, Vegan
- extra virgin olive oil for frying
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 medium marrow (or 2 small), sliced
- salt and pepper to season
- Heat a good glug of olive oil in your frying over a medium heat.
- Fry the onion and garlic until the onion is soft and the garlic is golden.This will take 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sliced marrow to the pan and stir so that it is covered in the olive oil.
- Fry the onion, garlic and marrow on a medium flame for about 10-15 minutes or until the marrow is soft and the flesh looks a little translucent. Continue to stir every couple of minutes so that it cooks evenly.
- Season with salt and pepper, then serve.
P.S. We’re joining in with Free From Fridays hosted by the Free From Farmhouse.
href=”http://www.freefromfarmhouse.co.uk” title=”Free From Farmhouse”><img
src=”https://eatallergysafe.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/linky.jpg” alt=”Free From
Farmhouse” style=”border:none;” /></a></div>